One Pen Case For Mb 149

pensandwatches

Hi all,

I finally got a MB 149 with medium nib off of ebay. Late 80's with 14K nib. Thanks for your reco's to wait for the right pen. Sending it off to Michael Masuyama (Mikeitwork) to fine tune!

In the meantime, I'm looking for a leather one pen case.

Here's what I'm considering but not sure if the 149 will fit, so please any experience with these cases is appreciated:

1. Pelikan One-pen pen case in black with green strap

2. Franklin Christoph 1 pen case in saddle leather

3. Franklin Christoph Penvelope 2 (yes I know it's a 2 pen case) :)

4. Montblanc Siena 30301 - Montgomery Pens has this in stock but not sure about their reputation.

5. Visconti Dreamtouch Leather Black Single Pen Case - but not sure about the zipper scratching the pen

I've looked at the MB florence smooth cases but not many available and not worth what they are going for on ebay IMHO.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

post-110941-0-02280000-1394161807_thumb.jpg

post-110941-0-30406000-1394161820_thumb.jpg

post-110941-0-15697000-1394161832_thumb.jpg

Edited by pensandwatches

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mosh_2k7

• Chrissy

• pensandwatches

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some years ago I came across someone selling leather cases for single cigars. The price was very tempting so I bought a couple as cases for the biggest pens such as the 149. They are a perfect fit and actually easier to use than the usual pen cases with a flap.

I really like the Westside single pen case (in the middle then on the right) which fits a 149 perfectly. Slightly matt finish due to the grain being visible.

fpn_1360937290__pen_case_2.jpg

fpn_1360937241__pen_case_1.jpg

Edited by Pen Nut

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I've just tried my 149 in the Pelikan case and it's a very snug fit. The pen goes in, but it's quite tricky to fit the flap under the strap as there's very little wriggle room! So I would say the Pelikan case is a no-no. Hope this helps with your decision.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

It definitely fits into a Siena pen case. However, you might find a smooth or croc effect 2 part oval pen case on ebay. I have several of those and much prefer them to the Siena.

Thanks for all the great info - so looks like I'll be getting the Siena case.

Does MB still sell the Siena case? I've see the Meisterstuck case 14309 for sale and the pic of the box from Bernardo has both numbers on it - 14309 and 30301.

So, is the current 14309 case the same as the 30301 case? I'm hoping it is!!

Ed

The best.pouch for a single MB 149 IMHO is the Markiaro one pen case: more than enough space, no zippers, softer leather than MB Siena pouches.

Like this one, but for one pen:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Delta-Markiaro-Black-Leather-2-Pen-Case-Italy-New-/350983921755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b845a05b&_uhb=1

• 2 weeks later...

My 149s with their homes.

post-73803-0-29347500-1394976101_thumb.jpg

post-73803-0-43964300-1394976281_thumb.jpg

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

How much is that mock croco pen case? It looks gorgeous! I want one, if its affordable :) where can i find one? :)

I have one of the single round cases in smooth burgundy leather finish, and its a perfect size for a celluloid 149. It fits snugly and does not move around. Since MB does not make them anymore, you might find them at leather or pen stores, or e-bay. I saw some at a pen store close-out sale for around USD $120-$150.00.

Mark

Had a check on ebay and ive seen them listed for $450 excluding shipping :( i'll have to keep a look out on ebay to see if any appear for a good price.

Go with the Siena case. I have a couple and they look/fit wonderfully with any MB pens.