• Mesu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pen, nice story, nice review

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

This is a very nice pen. I am impressed by the line it lays down. I just got a Platinum 3776 with a 14Kt Gold M nib, and the line it lays down is much wider and wetter than what I have seen here (truthfully, I don't like it much). Of course, it may be the ink I am currently using. I'm going to send it off to Pendleton Brown later in the month to see what he can do for it. If I got the line from mine that you get from yours, I would not be sending it off.

This is a very nice pen. I am impressed by the line it lays down. I just got a Platinum 3776 with a 14Kt Gold M nib, and the line it lays down is much wider and wetter than what I have seen here (truthfully, I don't like it much). Of course, it may be the ink I am currently using. I'm going to send it off to Pendleton Brown later in the month to see what he can do for it. If I got the line from mine that you get from yours, I would not be sending it off.

So far I have not seen a wider line from my pen. My understanding is that the Japanese M is generally thinner than the European / American equivalents. Of course, it could be an ink issue, and I have tried only two inks on it.