Seeking Replacement Section For Waterman Le Man 200 "night And Day"

fiberman

Back in 1998 or 1999 I wrapped up a course in computer science. To celebrate, my father-in-law gave me some money with the instruction to "spend it foolishly." Since I always follow FIL's advice, I converted the money to a Waterman "Night and Day" Le Man 200 fountain pen. It's a lovely pen with a sterling silver and black lacquer barrel and cap.

Recently (I must have done something I shouldn't have, but I don't know what) I managed to break the inside portion of the section. The feed is fine, and the outer grip portion of the section is fine, but the threaded part that connects the part that surrounds the feed to the part that screws into the barrel has broken, like this:

post-109708-0-01144000-1389223897_thumb.jpg

For context, here's the whole pen disassembled:

post-109708-0-11567100-1389224327_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have the appropriate part(s) they'd like to sell me? Alternatively, can I swap in the right part(s) from another model? The pen was purchased in 1998 or 1999. The gift box doesn't give a model name or number, but the outer package identifies it as a Le Man 200 "Night and Day" model.

Many thanks. I do love this pen and I'd like to get back to using it.

-Martin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiberman

• OcalaFlGuy

• Sandy1

• Kathleen48

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have extras but there is someone selling selling sections on ebay that fit the Waterman Gentleman and also fit the 200. I can verify this for a fact because I had a similar failure with a 200 (I also have no idea what I actually did). I was able to replace what was needed and have been writing happily since.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterman-Gentleman-Nib-Unit-18k-New-Old-Stock-Stub-Black-Section-/121150575854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c352314ee

Kathleen

Send that section to Ron Zorn to be solvent welded back together. The cost will be Way less than a new section.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Thanks very much, Bruce, Sandy1, and keldrige! I'll follow up on all of those.

Bruce, how can I contact Ron Zorn? Can I reach him through this website, or does he have his own page? I hadn't thought of using solvent welding to fix something like this - haven't used it since 8th grade shop class.