Show Us Your Black Pens

tomgartin

I love pens that are boring old black and wanted to share their utter dullness with you. Maybe you share my affinity for pens of the darkest hue? No? Sorry for wasting your time. You can go back to pens that have ripples, striations, and popping colors.

post-84074-0-62032800-1357782559.jpg

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomgartin

• hari317

• esterbex

• kpyeoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I resemble that remark to some extent....a random handful....I couldn't get them all in one shot.

fpn_1357786992__2013-01-09_204711.jpg

Disclaimer: No Montblancs were injured during the making of this film....wink.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Here are mine...at least most of them. I probably have another 3 or 4 but didn't have time to pull them out of their boxes. Most of 'em were cheapies anyway!

Hard to believe but of all these I do have a favorite...and it is the matte black VP.

Cheers,

NM

Edited by nm4

No.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Nuuuuupe! Black is the color of my true love's hair, not my pens.

Well, that isn't entirely true. I've probably got a dozen... wait, I'll check...

... I have precisely 16 pens that are either entirely or primarily black. Not by choice, necessarily, but good examples of that particular pen (or they came to me easily or cheaply). There are truly only two, maybe three of those that I find attractive enough on their own to consider them as such. (Does a black body with a gold-filled cap count?).

Anyway, I'm just having fun. I realize there is an entire aesthetic realm for lovers of the purely austere (black) look. In life, in food, in art, and in music, I need more color and variety to be happy.

But there you have it. Sixteen. Even I'm surprised (and it might be one more, depending on your answer...)

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj582/hari-317/Deccan%20Aurelius/IMG_7186.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj582/hari-317/Deccan%20Aurelius/IMG_7195.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/advocate/2DSC00588.jpg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I do love the nice simple black. My only black pen so far is a Sheaffer Prelude, although there is a Pilot Metropolitan in the mail. I will also be purchasing a Monteverde Invincia Stylus in the next couple months.

I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

I will post my collection fo black pens this evening

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hari, I recognize the Aurelius (is it also the second picture?) but I don't recognize the pen in the bottom picture. Very handsome pens, despite my ignorance.

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

Hi Tom, yes the first two are of the Aurelius. the second one is of my First Advocate, now nearly 8 yrs old...

Actually, I have several black pens, maybe i should take them all out and take a group photo :)

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I really like black pens. I find they're classy, elegant and appropriate in virtually any situation. Here are mine:

post-87832-0-08857000-1357838003.jpg

The Intrigue is my newest acquisition, and when my wife saw it, her comment was "Oh, just what you need, another black pen." Perfect.

L to R: Pilot Capless, Lamy Safari, Lamy 2000 (last day before it leaves for a nib swap), Pelikan M215, Sheaffer Intrigue, Sheaffer 300, Aurora Ipsilon and Waterman Phileas.

Not actually my pen (though I wish I had one), here is a vintage advertisement for a pen that actually has "black" as its name. If anyone has one, let me know. I would love to see photos, or work out a trade/sale. Oneida is very close to where I grew up......

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/Black%20Knight%20Oneida%20NY%20Pens/KGrHqRiIE8Kt9SYOBPMcU10mQg60_3.jpg

Phil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/pens%20%20and%20pen%20reviews/PA020032.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

My black pens, left to right:

Conklin Self-Filling pen (with pocket clip); Conklin Self-Filling pen (without clip); (Modern version) Conklin Mark Twain Crescent Filler; Conklin Self-Filling pen (vest pocket); Sheaffer Snorkel.

post-75948-0-56517500-1357885371.jpg

Edited by CoolFool

"A kingdom for a stage, princes to act,

And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

Here's my 1924 4 1/2" Lucky Curve - does that count?

I also have a mid1930's Vac Standard with a lockdown filler, a 51 Special with a lustraloy cap, and an Estie Skunk somewhere around here too. :)

ken

post-94322-0-79585800-1357890163.jpg

Edited by loudkenny