Converter For Old Calligraphy Pens

Interplay

I hope someone can help me to find a converter to fit my mother's old Osmiroid italic calligraphy pens. I also have some Platigum calligraphy pens that could use new guts though I really like the nibs. Does anyone have any ideas? And is this worth the cost it would be to fit them?

I have come to love the way my handwriting looks with these fine italic nibs but they don't seem to be holding up well and skip and scratch and don't start up well. If I can't find something to allow me to use bottled ink in them, can someone suggest a not-too-terribly-expensive pen that might work for me? I have small hands, I write quickly and small to medium....I like to use the fountain pens with note taking (I'm a psychotherapist). I especially like the line variation that makes my handwriting look so fancy.

Thanks in advance. I'm new here and I hope this isn't answered elsewhere. I've looked....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Interplay

• jbb

• dms525

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The older Osmiroid calligraphy nibs fit Esterbrook pens. The nibs screw in so they are easily replaced.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5148/5583642588_f4477c3c17_o.jpg

The nibs I have don't look like that. They don't have the small post coming out of the other end.

The nibs I have don't look like that. They don't have the small post coming out of the other end.

Oh well, then my idea won't work for you. If no better solution presents itself an older Osmiroid Itallic nib fit into an Esterbrook pen would be a good way to go. Welcome to FPN Interplay. :W2FPN:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I have wondered about the Monteverde mini converter....it looks like a plunger stuck into a cartridge like the standard short international cartridges that I have used in the pen to substitute for the Osmiroid brand cartridges that of course I can no longer get.

What do you think?

If your Osmiroid is the later type with "easy" change nibs fit to sections, I have a couple, and Waterman converters fit and work well.

If you can show us photos of your pen with a detached nib, I could be more sure.

This link will take you to an ebay listing for the model about which I'm writing: Osmiroid pen

Is that it?

David

Here is a photo of mine.

I hope they show up ok because I am having trouble figuring out how to upload photos.

I think mine is like the one you showed. Where do I find the Waterman inserts?

Thanks so much

Susan

post-95416-0-34192900-1354489819.jpg

Here's the other photo

Susan

Hi, Susan.

Those nibs will work with Waterman converters. (At least mine do.) You can find the converters on ebay and at any pen shop that sells Waterman pens. Hmmmm ... Actually, I bet any "standard international" converter would work.

Good luck!

David