My Stable Of Aurora Pens.

leomitch

Happily for me I managed another Aurora pen on the e bay auctions last week. I have added a used Green Aurora Optima Auroloide to write alongside its sister pen in Blue. This makes a group of 4 Auroras and I hope to add soon the Auroloide Burgundy so that is a complete group.

So I now have 6 Italian pens...a magnificent obsession.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8208445309_0e25eaf9d2_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8348/8208443943_92a8e1f123_z.jpg

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leomitch

• eric47

• ttakacs

• TomJKT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you. My favourite pens are the Aurora Optima and modern, full-size Aurora 88.

Enjoy your beautiful pens!

Thanks Mr. Ink!!!

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Lovely collection of some wonderful pens! Perhaps you'd like to add the Mare, Sole, etc. to this group--all exquisite colors and superb performers.

Lovely collection of some wonderful pens! Perhaps you'd like to add the Mare, Sole, etc. to this group--all exquisite colors and superb performers.

Thanks very much!

No fear Danny Boy...I think I am smitten with Italian pens Aurora and Delta in particular. I will be adding some of those you mentioned eventually as my bruised piggy bank regains its strength.

Thanks for dropping by mate!

Regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Hi,

Those are very nice pens! I really like the Aurora Optima pens. Despite the fact that they are larger than what I usually use, they are very comfortable and fit very nicely in my hand.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

Those are very nice pens! I really like the Aurora Optima pens. Despite the fact that they are larger than what I usually use, they are very comfortable and fit very nicely in my hand.

Dillon

Hi there

Thank you so much. I too find the Optima Auroloides fit my hand just so. They feel good and look good too! I guess that is why they appeal to me so much...yet there is a something else I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it is the fine craftsmanship. I don't know...it's like falling in love,you can't really say why but you are crazy in love.

Best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Amongst my favs also along with Montegrappa. My Afrika writes like a dream, gratz on such a nice collection.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/mjgordon8081/Briarwood_Capped3.jpg

Nakaya Briarwood Deep Gloss

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

Leo,

looking at your handwriting, are the NIBs of these Aurora pens M or B?

Beautiful colors!

Tom

For sale: M625 red/silver, P395 gold, Delta Fellini.

Amongst my favs also along with Montegrappa. My Afrika writes like a dream, gratz on such a nice collection.

Hey Mike

Thanks for coming on by for a look at my beauties. I have an Afrika as you saw in the post and I was lucky enough to win it in an e bay auction. It really does write like a dream. Here is another shot of it so the black onyx on the tip of the cap shows...it is one of my birthstones.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8196/8119911919_1e799307a5_z.jpg

This has been a difficult post to type as I am listening full blast to an alto saxophone solo by Eric Marienthal with the GRP All Star band...it is hard to stop jumping up and down. I hope not too many errors in this post.

All the best

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Leo,

looking at your handwriting, are the NIBs of these Aurora pens M or B?

Beautiful colors!

Tom

Hey Tom

You have a sharp eye. None of my Auroras were used to write that page, rather it was my Delta WE Lucky pen with a M nib that writes close to a B nib.

Good to have you drop by mate all the way from Jakarta. How's the weather in that beautiful country?

Best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Stunning photo and backdrop! Lovely collection already, nicely done. Thanks for sharing the enjoyment.

Thank you very much for your kind words humblescribbler...they are very much appreciated. :D

Very best

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Hey Leo.

This quartet is gorgeous!!!!! :puddle:

IMO, Optima is a "cult pen". Enjoy them.

Regards

ALL OR NOTHING. Small Faces, 1966

NOS VEMOS EN LOS BARES!!!

Nice job Leo! That green looks like an early/earlier production 2d version Optima. The original 1st version green, brown, blue, and gray shrank.

Your green looks the much richer deeper green as seen early on. Over the years the mix has changed and the green is much more brighter, and they changed the cap ring too. Your blue has the new cap ring.

You're off to good start, got a ways to go however...and I don't even have or want them all. :roflmho:

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Hey Leo.

This quartet is gorgeous!!!!! :puddle:

IMO, Optima is a "cult pen". Enjoy them.

Regards

Hi Mr.Wolf

They do make a beautiful foursome don't they. If it is a cult pen then I guess I am an acolyte! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words and for dropping by for a visit mate!

Best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Nice job Leo! That green looks like an early/earlier production 2d version Optima. The original 1st version green, brown, blue, and gray shrank.

Your green looks the much richer deeper green as seen early on. Over the years the mix has changed and the green is much more brighter, and they changed the cap ring too. Your blue has the new cap ring.

You're off to good start, got a ways to go however...and I don't even have or want them all. :roflmho:

Eric,how are you mate?!

Nice to talk to you again.You are correct, it is one of the older Optima Auroloides. You nailed it again. You know your Auroras chum.

Is that your collection?!!!! Glory be what an exquisite gathering of fine pens.If I have the time, I hope to have such a treasure someday.

Well done Eric!

Very best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Is that your collection?!!!!

Yes, my collection of Optimas. :embarrassed_smile: I have other modern Auroras. :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile:

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Having just gotten my first Optima, I can understand this thread. :notworthy1:

I am happy to hear yet another has joined the Aurora Optima club. You will love them a lot, I assure you!

Good stuff!

Leo

Leo James Mitchell