More 'bamboo' Fountain Pens

drgoretex

Well, this really does seem to be a popular style, making up most of my orders lately. So, haven't been posting all of them. But here's two recent ones that I rather liked. One in Cumberland ebonite (headed for Beijing), and the other a black ebonite with matte finish, headed for Singapore.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/Custom%20Pens/Custom%20Fountain%20Pens/Designer%20Fountain%20Pens/IMG_7003.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/Custom%20Pens/Custom%20Fountain%20Pens/Designer%20Fountain%20Pens/IMG_7008.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/Custom%20Pens/Custom%20Fountain%20Pens/Designer%20Fountain%20Pens/IMG_7015.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/Custom%20Pens/Custom%20Fountain%20Pens/Designer%20Fountain%20Pens/IMG_7020.jpg

More on the blog site...kcavers.blogspot.ca

Thanks for having a look!

Ken

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drgoretex

• watch_art

• dannyboy

• mooshi

As usual, they look superb.

I remain to be convinced that any are better looking than your original though.

What is the main barrel diameter on these? They look a bit more slender than the original. Or is my memory playing tricks?

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

Ken, I just love the way the grain in that Cumberland pen looks in the bamboo design. Beautiful! These are simply gorgeous pens. I totally understand why they're so popular. Great design and workmanship, as always!

Thanks for the compliments!

As usual, they look superb.

I remain to be convinced that any are better looking than your original though.

What is the main barrel diameter on these? They look a bit more slender than the original. Or is my memory playing tricks?

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard, the barrel diameter is about the same. I size it such that I can fit it in my 5/8" collet so that I can detail the ends. That puts it at about 15.5mm. I can't recall for sure, but the original may have been shorter, making it look like it has a larger diameter. (now there's an opening for a pun)

Cheers,

Ken

The Cumberland Ebonite Bamboo pen is definitely my favorite of all the pens you've made! Wow! What incredible material and workmanship! I'll be writing to you soon to see about one of these for myself! Many thanks for posting.

Ken they are both great pens although as is, the Cumberland edges out the black. Now, if the black had a polished finish it would be harder to pick between them. smile.gif

Pete

Ken they are both great pens although as is, the Cumberland edges out the black. Now, if the black had a polished finish it would be harder to pick between them. smile.gif

Pete

They are both great. I enjoy the minimalism of the "suede" black one.

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

Pete

They are both great. I enjoy the minimalism of the "suede" black one.

'

Thanks very much! I was a little surprised at how much I liked the matte ebonite. To be honest, when that was requested, I kind of thought, "well, if that really what you want...", but thought it would look very unimpressive. After finishing it, I decided that when time permits I'm going to make a few more 'stealth' pens in some of my more classic styles with and without clip. I really like the feel of it.

Ken

These are beautiful.

"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."