Diamine Twilight

Bhavna

post-85399-0-26224500-1346358647.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• tylchick

• faustulus

• The Good Captain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is another wonderful ink and one of my favourites which I find very similar to R&K Verdigris but a bit wetter. As it happens, I can only use my bottle of Twilight with one pen for the time being as it's a Parker Duofold that had a bit of a 'dark speck' problem until I cleaned it all out and some of the bits probably got into the bottle.

The pen is wonderful now.

Can anyone recommend a good way of filtering about 78ml of ink?

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

This is another wonderful ink and one of my favourites which I find very similar to R&K Verdigris but a bit wetter. As it happens, I can only use my bottle of Twilight with one pen for the time being as it's a Parker Duofold that had a bit of a 'dark speck' problem until I cleaned it all out and some of the bits probably got into the bottle.

I have actually used cheese cloth/ fine muslin folded over a couple of times (secured with elastic bands over a polystyrene cup - but not too taut) to filter my Sheaffer Skrip of some slime...! It worked a treat, wasn't too messy and cloth can be washed and reused. Or if you can get hold of filter paper?

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I have actually used cheese cloth/ fine muslin folded over a couple of times (secured with elastic bands over a polystyrene cup - but not too taut) to filter my Sheaffer Skrip of some slime...! It worked a treat, wasn't too messy and cloth can be washed and reused. Or if you can get hold of filter paper?

I'm sure that the cloth/s will be available from Mrs Captain's stash but would coffee filters do? They are something we don't use, being the Philistine Sainsbury's Dark Extra B***K Roast sort of topers but are available at the supermercado up the rue. Of course, it the particles that might be in the bottle are fine enough to come out of one pen, they are probably fine enough to go into and yet out of others so I could live with that.

Muslin it is then!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

but would coffee filters do?

Yes absolutely, and if, as you say the particles are very small, then a filter will be far superior a choice! Happy filtering. The bonus is of course, a glorious chromatogram of the ink..just add a drop or three of the clear stuff at the end and post the resultant piece of art!

You've reminded me about this ink, I'll have to use it in a pen today. Great review!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

I've recently started to use this ink and am definitely a convert to it's fine qualities. The "broody, malevolent sky" image sums up the appearance on the page just perfectly. I should also add that it is one of those inks that is just right for anyone looking for an ink with a vintage look or to match with a favourite vintage pen.

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

post-85399-0-26224500-1346358647.jpg

What a stunning ink puddle.gif

Isn't it just! I was very pleased indeed, and I am delighted you like it.

You've reminded me about this ink, I'll have to use it in a pen today. Great review!

Thank you for your kind comments AND for the delicious picture with your 1.1 sample! Your pen is gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

Dunno, I expected it to sparkle. :roflmho:

Ya, there's always one wiseguy blink.gif Ok, to see the sparkle, you need to stand on one foot, put the third toe from your other foot in the opposite ear, wait 3 seconds and then tadaa - you'll see stars sparkle!! lticaptd.gif

I've recently started to use this ink and am definitely a convert to it's fine qualities. The "broody, malevolent sky" image sums up the appearance on the page just perfectly. I should also add that it is one of those inks that is just right for anyone looking for an ink with a vintage look or to match with a favourite vintage pen.

I'm really pleased you have used this ink. I value your point about the vintage look, it does have that olde worlde look about it. I'm imagining parchment and wax seals..cloud9.gif

Ya, there's always one wiseguy blink.gif Ok, to see the sparkle, you need to stand on one foot, put the third toe from your other foot in the opposite ear, wait 3 seconds and then tadaa - you'll see stars sparkle!! lticaptd.gif

Is's cute that you only think there's one of us. :). In all seiousness it is a very striking color, even in sunlight ;)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Is's cute that you only think there's one of us. :). In all seiousness it is a very striking color, even in sunlight ;)

There are more :yikes:?? :D It is a lovely colour, and yes stunning in the sunlight when we have some...! I'm glad you like it.

It's a wonderful color but I find when using it to write fiction, my characters become pathetically one dimensional and far too full of angst.

It's a wonderful color but I find when using it to write fiction, my characters become pathetically one dimensional and far too full of angst.

Then you should make a mint :)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nothing wrong with angst-ridden introspection - it allows growth. Maybe you can add an Amber glow at the end of their tunnel, followed by Havasu Turquoise skies, and Green-Black pine forest for additional adventure....?! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Terrific review and as a result, this ink just made my short list.

Thank you!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.