Diamine Green Black

Bhavna

Great review! Thanks! I love Umber, even though I'm not a huge fan of dark green (they get a pass if they have heavy sheen :) ), but this one looks nice too.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• The Good Captain

• Ghost Plane

• Bronte

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great review! Thanks! I love Umber, even though I'm not a huge fan of dark green (they get a pass if they have heavy sheen :) ), but this one looks nice too.

Hi, thank you! I have yet to find the sheen on Green Black, but it is a gorgeous writer that I used for many days in a row - unheard of for me! As this picture shows!

fpn_1349275067__pens_in_use.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• 2 months later...

lovely color and almost close to mb racing green :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

lovely color and almost close to mb racing green :thumbup: thanks for sharing

That is good to hear, glad you enjoyed the review!

Thanks for the review. It's a great ink, the only green I need (not my favourite colour in general).

You are most welcome. It is a lovely rich dark green that suits most people!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• 2 months later...

Also, I wanted to respond to one thing mentioned in the review. If I remember correctly (and I might not be, because I initially read the review a few days ago - on the fly- and haven't had a chance to get back here and comment until now), the OP indicated that the flow from Diamine Green-Black is a bit on the dry side. I am curious if anyone else is having this experience? Because my experience has been very different. In fact, my batch of Green-Black is perhaps the most free flowing ink I have. I have to actually use it with caution, because I seem to find drops of it everywhere (including the couch, and my bed - the places where I write most!). I'm not sure how this seems to happen. it's quite an annoying phenomenon that I experience with this ink only, and has caused my washing machine much grief. But, alas, it is so free flowing it somehow is able to jump from the pen even while the cap is on, apparently. I really can't explain. In more tangible terms, I tend use this ink in a very dry writing Esterbrook (which I almost PIF'd because it felt so laborious to write with), and yet Diamine Green-Black is the reason I kept it. If I ink the Estie with this ink, it is instantly transformed into a luxurious writing instrument.

And, as always, thanks to the Good Captain for posting your scans. I always enjoy those!

Great review, Bhavna!!

I do agree with kp288908 regarding this ink's behavior. I found it to be extremely wet. Admittedly I first tried it with a Duofold International outfitted with an OM nib, but the same held true even with a Parker Sonnet Fine nib. Either way, to prod the green component to display, I felt the urge to blot excessively, but resisting that initial urge I found that if I waited, the green showed up beautifully upon drying and the shading is remarkably nice.

Anyway, thought I'd add my 2¢ on that particular score. Thanks again for the superb review and samplings of the other greens. Really valuable for me. :thumbup:

post-101361-0-83838900-1363995325.jpg

Edited by JazzDoc

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

Alright green junkies, throw me a line!

Dark green is at the top of my list, followed closely by Brown. The dark green I have settled on is Diamine Delamere, but I have always wondered about this one, and Sherwood. Do you have a side by side comparison of these dark geen inks together?

Alright green junkies, throw me a line!

Dark green is at the top of my list, followed closely by Brown. The dark green I have settled on is Diamine Delamere, but I have always wondered about this one, and Sherwood. Do you have a side by side comparison of these dark geen inks together?

Hello! Glad you are enjoying the review and green in particular. Please have a look at the review above, I have included Sherwood Green as a comparison. I don't have Delamere, sorry.

Great review, Bhavna!!

I do agree with kp288908 regarding this ink's behavior. I found it to be extremely wet. Admittedly I first tried it with a Duofold International outfitted with an OM nib, but the same held true even with a Parker Sonnet Fine nib. Either way, to prod the green component to display, I felt the urge to blot excessively, but resisting that initial urge I found that if I waited, the green showed up beautifully upon drying and the shading is remarkably nice.

Anyway, thought I'd add my 2¢ on that particular score. Thanks again for the superb review and samplings of the other greens. Really valuable for me. :thumbup:

Thank You JazzDoc. I love the scan and the gorgeous nib - thank you for sharing. I am smiling at the fact that your Parker Sonnet is operational.. mine, I wanted to play darts with as is it misbehaving so badly!

Edited by Bhavna

Thank you!

This green is very elegant.

You are most welcome, yes I agree, very elegant and enjoyable to use.

• 1 month later...

I have several bottles of this I look forward to using for a long time. Thank you for the review.

Peace,

J. Kenneth Byrd, Jr.

(Kenny)

The Tar Heel State--GO HEELS!

Never a mention of Diamne Delamere. That was about my second or third try at green and I landed on it for a good long while. I have recently tried more greens, I really like Sailor Jentle Epinard and Stipila Muschiato.

I have Just now receievd samples of Diamine Sherwood, Emerald, and Evergreen. Should be a fun weekend!

Thanks for the reviews as well as the comments of others, makes it easier to decide which samples to look into.

I have several bottles of this I look forward to using for a long time. Thank you for the review.

Hello, I am delighted you enjoyed the review, I look forward to your experience of this lovely ink! Please come back and share your thoughts.

Never a mention of Diamne Delamere. That was about my second or third try at green and I landed on it for a good long while. I have recently tried more greens, I really like Sailor Jentle Epinard and Stipila Muschiato.

I have Just now receievd samples of Diamine Sherwood, Emerald, and Evergreen. Should be a fun weekend!

Thanks for the reviews as well as the comments of others, makes it easier to decide which samples to look into.

I haven't yet had the joy of Diamine Delamere, however, a great round of applause for the Sherwood, Emerald and Evergreen (I have reviewed Sherwood and Emerald elsewhere!). I have a deep fondness for Diamine's Sherwood Green, it is in my top 10 (going on 20) greens. Thank you for dropping by, I am glad the reviews helped!

Mine just arrived... I'll be inking up very soon! Thanks for the great review which has led to a new "toy"!!!

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just arrived... I'll be inking up very soon! Thanks for the great review which has led to a new "toy"!!!

Excellent - what are your thoughts of the ink in person? So pleased the review helped.