• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pmsalty

• ExcaliburZ

• funkypeanut

• Uncle Red

Quick question - when using a dip pen, how far into the ink should one dip the nib? I am guessing beyond the hole at the end of the tines.

Another quick question - how many letters can one typically write with a dip pen before having to dip again?

I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Lovely. Reminds me of the retracting pen holders that were used many years ago. Different principle (the ferrule with the pen still inserted retracts into the barrel) but same objective: a beautiful writing instrument that you can use conveniently on the road. Perfect with a traveling ink pot, yes?

ron

Quick question - when using a dip pen, how far into the ink should one dip the nib? I am guessing beyond the hole at the end of the tines.

Another quick question - how many letters can one typically write with a dip pen before having to dip again?

Your right the nib should be completely immersed in the ink. I can write about 50-60 letters with one dip. All my dip pens are antique. My favourite is an Esterbrook Radio pen.

Kind regards,

Pickwick.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

WOW! is an understatement! Very nice.

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...