Saturated blue

jotterius

Hello, I would like to ask you which is the most saturated blue ink you know?

Yes I confess, I am still using my Jotter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• SamCapote

• lapis

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be Noodler's Baystate Blue, or Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue, or Diamine Majestic Blue.

trpofapprobal.png

Visconti, Aurora, Omas, Levenger Cobalt...

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

+1 for Levenger Cobalt

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Also-to improve the behavior of Levenger Cobalt and Diamine Majestic Blues-I dilute 50% with Waterman Florida Blue-not much color shift and much better behaved in terms of smearing and dry time.

Diamine Majestic Blue is possibly the most exciting ink I own. It's a very vivid, deep blue. Its colour varies depending on how wet the nib is... and it screams for a fat nib. I'm tempted to buy a broad-nibbed pen just to fill it with Majestic Blue. :puddle:

I don't mean to be obnoxious, but what do you mean by "saturated"? We had a discussion a while back about how the term is used and what various people mean. Also, there are many shades of blue, so that would help give you the answer you are looking for.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I am actually looking for a vivid pure dark blue ink.

Yes I confess, I am still using my Jotter

Noodler's Ottoman Azure is on the darker side, still very saturated, a gorgeous everyday blue. I just ordered a bottle of Noodler's Eel Blue based on comments from forum members about it's high saturation and vibrant color.

Depends on if you want a darker blue or a medium blue.

For darker, I'd say Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue or Diamine Majestic Blue. If you use these, just know it can take a little longer to properly flush your pen, as they are both quite saturated.

For a medium blue, I'd say Private Reserve American Blue. Or a few shades brighter blue: Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

My all time favorite saturated blue? Parker Penman Sapphire. I'm down to my last two bottles, unfortunately.

Claudette

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

I am actually looking for a vivid pure dark blue ink.

OK, then Parker Penman Sapphire is my first choice, with Visconti, Diamine Majestic, Omas, PR-DC Supershow being other nice choices.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

For a Visconti fan I would say go with Visconti blue. Very dark and well behaved.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I wouldn't call Asa gao or Baystate Blue "dark" - that's the problem with these questions so often. I recommend going to something like The Writing Desks comparison charts or The Goulet Pens swab shop, choose a blue shade or a number of them that look like what you are interested in, then come back to the thread and ask opinions about those inks as to what folk think of those inks in terms of flow, etc. Unfortunately, Levenger only sells Levenger Cobalt so it's not on the swabs at those sites but it's similar to Diamine Majestic although my monitor shows Majestic to be slightly violet whereas Cobalt has no violet to my eye. It's the truest dark blue I know. The next would be, in my experience, PR DC Blue which, in a wet writer, can be very dark but not as dark as cobalt and quite rich in color. Both of these tend to be slow drying so it's a trade off sometimes to get a very intense or saturated ink v. one that might be less so but dry faster.

I've never used Visconti - it gets high marks around here consistently.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

What? You've never used Visconti Blue? Well, f'yask me, that's one terrible ink. Please don't ever use it.

Now what do you think? :glare:

Fink

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

What? You've never used Visconti Blue? Well, f'yask me, that's one terrible ink. Please don't ever use it.

Now what do you think? :glare:

Fink

um. i think you're in a mood.

:crybaby:

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room