Ink Bottle Storage Case

pencase

I keep mine here.

Geoff I did consider one of your pen chests. I think that a deeper drawer (or two) at the bottom of your existing chest would be the way to go.

Wow! That is some chest. I keep my inks in a cool dark place like my perfumes.Hidden away.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pencase

• Jimothy

• Black Rose

• FLJeepGuy

Never really gave this subject much though.

Some of you guys really have excelent ideias.

I just keep my inks in a dark dry desk drawer, except for my MB shoes, those I like on top of my desk :thumbup:

Cheers,

Miguel

I keep mine here.

:notworthy1:

Wassup?

I keep them here - as in see the pic in my original post.

Yes, I know.

That's an amazing collection and storage case.

Thank you :thumbup:

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

• 3 months later...

I've been storing my ink in a large bottom desk drawer, but I'm having to think about other storage options Problem ... I've out grown the desk drawer and it was getting too heavy to pull out and then push back in. Since there is little to find where I live, I'm seriously considering using a large window that I'd rather not use as a window and convert it into a recessed shelving area. I have an old house with tall widowns, so this would give me plenty of space. Oh, wait ... I said that when I moved into my 2nd pen case and have since moved into a larger 3rd one. LOL

Mine are sitting on the top shelf of a bookcase (so that nobody can reach them unless the are supposed to). The bookcase is next to my desk, where all of my pens are located. I pull a bottle down for a fill and then put it back. I can't see changing my system......

Now if only Noodler's would make a refillable dry-erase marker, I would buy a lifetime supply....

I would love to have a beautiful case/cabinet for my inks, but they're on the top shelf of the linen closet in the back where Minipeanut can't see or reach them. Maybe when he's older, like 40 or so..... But the top of the linen closet is out of the light and probably the most stable spot in the house when it comes to temperature or humidity.

When I was 3, I drank perfume (instead of ink like Paul). My mom frantically called the family doctor, who said, "Look on the bright side. Her s**t won't stink for a while."

Hello,

Thanks again for all the input - I've decided against producing a unit for ink storage, especially since the number of bottles you all have varies tremendously. I guess some people have 3 or 4 inks on their desk, whereas others may have 20, so it would be impractical to make a 'one unit fits all' solution.

Saying that, I suppose I should mention here that I now have a 3 drawer pen case available, in addition to the 5 drawer. This sort of contradicts the point I made in my last paragraph, but :roflmho:

Geoff.

Geoff,

I think that another roadblock to making an ink case would be that ink bottle vary in size and shape a good deal. Those MB shoe-type bottles would need a different space than the 4.5 oz. Noodler's bottles would. Pens have to be roughly hand size, but bottles don't have such restrictions. Nice cases, by the way. I like the simple, clean lines. But *sigh* it would just be another casualty to the 8-year-old.

I showed these in another thread, but I now use 8 of these rolling plastic cabinets just for ink. Got all of them at Staples. Keep inks in original boxes.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/InkDrawer1s.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/InkDrawer2s.jpg

I put the ink bottles away after putting working samples in these Goulet Pens sample bottles & trays.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/racks2s.jpg http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/racks1s.jpg

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Funkypeanut - you are right, of course. And there's another consideration too. An empty ink storage unit contains a lot of air, and since couriers charge by dimensional weight, as opposed to actual weight, it would mainly be very expensive English air that was being shipped :blink:

Sam - that's what I call being organised. I never knew there were so many inks.

Geoff.

I guess this is a question I posed to a number of people a few months ago, but appropriate to this topic. Does anyone have an elegant solution to storing pens/inks/paper (a combination of all, or singly) in a case or container so as it could be quickly moved? I've had to evacuate a few times (with ample time to spare) and think it would be nice to have a case that I could just leave everything in to be picked up whenever I need to. The Gerstner cases look nice, but seem to not be able to readily store the ink. Any ideas?

I guess this is a question I posed to a number of people a few months ago, but appropriate to this topic. Does anyone have an elegant solution to storing pens/inks/paper (a combination of all, or singly) in a case or container so as it could be quickly moved? I've had to evacuate a few times (with ample time to spare) and think it would be nice to have a case that I could just leave everything in to be picked up whenever I need to. The Gerstner cases look nice, but seem to not be able to readily store the ink. Any ideas?

The Gerstner cases are very nice and mine holds all the ink I own. I guess it would depend on how much ink you have. The upper deck of the Gerstner case is just over 3 inches deep. That will fit the standard sized bottles from most manufacturers.

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

See my pic at post #14. Thats ink in the top deck. :thumbup:

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

I keep all my pens and inks at my office, where I do most of my writing. My ink is kept in the drawers of my desk - here is one of the drawers where I keep bottles. The drawers are always dark inside (I assume, but I haven't been in there to verify), and our office is a fairly constant 68-72 degrees F, and these are easily accessible. I keep samples in a separate drawer and ink boxes are all stored away in a cabinet, as I rarely need to see them. The ink bottles with names on top the caps are without labels due to "accidents," invariably disastrous.

This impromptu system works for me, but its not nearly as cool as the pen chest shown at #14 above, nor as organized (or as massive) as Sam Capote's rolling cabinet system, apparently used for both ink and coffee storage (Q for Sam: is yours a method used to derive coffee scented ink, akin to the JH scented ink line? I'd like to know if its working).

DAVID

fpn_1306330017__ink_storage.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch