Noodler's Vmail Series Midway Blue

Bill Smith

post-1253-069934800 1279042567.jpg

Quick note, scanned on an Epson V500 scanner and the colours are pretty close to what you are going to get in real life.

Edited by Bill Smith

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blopplop

• Bill Smith

• tnmike1

• calhoun tubbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will be my new ink, that I'll order soon. Some days ago, a friend of mine show me that blue, and I did like it! It's a pity that this ink is not bulletproof:thumbup:, so I couldn't use at my work, but at home.

Thanks for review! :thumbup:

Fabricio in São Paulo

It's a nice blue, but a little too light for my taste. Thanks for showing it to us - it's nice to see scans of some of the less common colors.

Midway Blue is a beautiful color IMO. I love the how bright it is. However, be warned that if you use it with a nib wider than an extra fine, it will bleed through almost every type of paper you try it on. After using it for about a year now, it has bled through all my paper types. It even bled through 90 weight Claire Fontain. The bleeding hasn't bothered me because I use it primarily while writing rough draft stuff that I'm going to throw away anyhow.

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

I've used a medium nib and a plumix italic nib with Midway Blue and did not have any problems feathering, nor bleeding. I frequently use it on a piccadilly notebook, but I've used it on Clairefontaine and it was flawless. I think it really depends a lot on how wet of a writer the pen you're using it is.

"No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize that as a thinker it is his first duty to follow his intellect to whatever conclusions it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." -J.S. Mill, On Liberty

Has anyone had horrible bleed-through with this ink?? I got samples from Pear Tree Pens recently of Bad Blue Heron, Navy, Bad Belted Kingfisher and Midway Blue; all were very well-behaved except Midway Blue which had horrible bleed-through ranging from inexpensive tablet-type paper to the high quality Rhodia tablets. Loved the color--hated the bleed-through. O and was using Pelikan "M" nib or Italifine nib from Richard Binder.

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

The Parker 51 I used has a fine nib that be considered in some cases dry depending on the ink and I got nice flow from Midway Blue. I have not experienced any bleed through or feathering and this is from a tester I got from Pear Tree Pens.

I'm not a huge Turquoise fan but I love this colour because it's bright and clean.

Edited by Bill Smith

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

I guess you didn't see my post above. :)

Dave

Has anyone had horrible bleed-through with this ink?? I got samples from Pear Tree Pens recently of Bad Blue Heron, Navy, Bad Belted Kingfisher and Midway Blue; all were very well-behaved except Midway Blue which had horrible bleed-through ranging from inexpensive tablet-type paper to the high quality Rhodia tablets. Loved the color--hated the bleed-through. O and was using Pelikan "M" nib or Italifine nib from Richard Binder.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

I guess you didn't see my post above. :)

Dave

YUP You're right, I didn't. Sorry

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL