What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

And here's a hand with which I'm experimenting. I can't call it "my" handwriting yet:

http://rongilmour.info/images/handwritingPretty.jpg

Hello anaximander,

This is excellent change? How did you changed it? How are you practicing?

-Best Regards,

Avinash

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I've been enjoying this thread immensely, all the different handwriting styles.

I just added a sample of my handwriting to the thread Analyzing Writers' Personalities From Their Handwritten Manuscripts, and this is the sample:

IMG_0873.JPG

Some of the samples in this thread make me want to practice cursive, see how that feels.

I love your handwriting, it is fresh modern and quite cool.

I am currently in a OMG my handwriting is awful stage in my life and Im looking to add some flare. I love the curse but I dont think I want to write day to day like it.

Jay War

Kind regards

Jay

I've been enjoying this thread immensely, all the different handwriting styles.

I just added a sample of my handwriting to the thread Analyzing Writers' Personalities From Their Handwritten Manuscripts, and this is the sample:

Some of the samples in this thread make me want to practice cursive, see how that feels.

Sincerely, your handwriting look to my eyes unreal. That's the best description. I don't know if it's too regular or that it's written between lines...

I'm not saying it's bad, it's gorgeous but it lacks "life" (we are humans because we make mistakes) being so perfect :-)

Thanks for reading.

Hi all, A few lines I wrote out after refilling my Waterman Hemisphere. Not perfect, but it gets me by.

Edited by Mike 59

This is the first time i have shown anybody my handwriting..

i'm afraid it's a work in progress as I started to change my handwriting ( after 30 years writing one way ) about 3 months ago..I try to write everyday but don't always find the time...my fast writing is still poor although since forcibly trying to control my writing my speed has dropped considerably...

the following is me making an effort..as you can tell it's still a work in progress and I am not yet happy with it...it's a mixture of styles..i find a letter style i like and stick with it for the most part... I'm afraid i have very weak wrists ( no jokes please ;) ) due to bike accident and injury when in school and also my hands shake terribly due to medication..it's a real pain as it effects my photography and also my aim when shooting ( targets not people..lol ) .

you can tell i am tiring by the end of the page which is when i decided to stop practising...as it starts to lose it's coherence and flow...ah well...i am improving for myself not for anybody else...some of the writing on here i am in awe of.

also i apologise but the scan makes the Waterman Blue/Black ink look pretty much like ordinary Parker Quink Washable Blue which is wrong..it has a much greyer hue to it...it's quite lovely..like a dark ice blue...the scan makes it far too blue but no doubt this is normal.

This was written with a new pen to me..one i have been after for an awfully long time and i am chuffed to bits with..a Wahl Eversharp Skyline with a Semi felxible medium nib that writes a wet smooth line..thaks I believe to FPN member Zen who adjusted it so..I must thank him as it is fabulous..anyway as usual I digress :)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/gfbeurling/eversharpskylineblue-blackwaterman.jpg

Mk1 Parker Duofold Centennial in Blue Marble + GT, Medium arrow nib + broad italic aces nib.Owned since new.Parker Victory Black + GT, wet medium.Conway Stewart #388 Stub.

Mabie Todd Blackbird,semi Flex Nib.Aurora optima green auroloid Stub.Visconti voyger emerald green Broad. Waterman 92 Fine flex

www.hmshood.com The Official website of the late great HMS Hood

Sincerely, your handwriting look to my eyes unreal. That's the best description. I don't know if it's too regular or that it's written between lines...

I'm not saying it's bad, it's gorgeous but it lacks "life" (we are humans because we make mistakes) being so perfect :-)

Hm, that might explain why nearly twenty years ago a co-worker asked me for a sample of my handwriting so that her husband could make it into a font. I don't think it's nearly so neat and certainly not perfect, but I do enjoy flipping though my journal's pages and seeing a uniformity of text (interspersed with photos and drawings).

Here's another sample with another favorite pen:

20120207%2520handwriting%2520sample.jpg

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Hi all, A few lines I wrote out after refilling my Waterman Hemisphere. Not perfect, but it gets me by.

I really like your handwriting, and I'm wondering about regional influence. Several of my friends who are British (English, Scottish) have a similar handwriting.

I've seen other handwriting samples and wondered if the writers were from California... and they were. *Wondering*

etherX in To Miasto

Hm, that might explain why nearly twenty years ago a co-worker asked me for a sample of my handwriting so that her husband could make it into a font. I don't think it's nearly so neat and certainly not perfect, but I do enjoy flipping though my journal's pages and seeing a uniformity of text (interspersed with photos and drawings).

Here's another sample with another favorite pen:

I don't know, looks like it has plenty of life to me - energetic, friendly, open, and not really "perfect", with the two different lowercase "a"'s (funny, I do that too). I really like it.

BTW, I was surprised to see your first sample was with an XF nib - bolder then I would have expected.

BTW, I was surprised to see your first sample was with an XF nib - bolder then I would have expected.

Thanks, dweit. Yeah, that lower-case "a" thing -- maybe the preceding letter influences where the next line starts, and then the nib also is a factor. Seems I'm more consistent with a certain "a" when I write with the Pilot Parallel.

Here's a sample of my Nakaya F and M nibs (not all of them) and the Pelikan steel B nib. The Mb XF definitely writes a wider line than the Nakaya F and maybe even the Nakaya M.

20120207%2520handwriting%2520sample%25203.jpg

etherX in To Miasto

Sincerely, your handwriting look to my eyes unreal.

[...]

... it's gorgeous but it lacks "life" [...] being so perfect :-)

Sincerely, your handwriting is amazing. I don't know if this happens to other, but, to my eyes, your text seems to be floating over the paper...

It looks like if the paper were over the table and the text was writen on a crystal over it... I don't know if I made me clear... I can see the waves of the paper but the text is so... perfect...

It's a truly pleasure looking into your writings and, btw, if I were your co-worker's husband, I'd also request samples to made it into a font :-)

Thanks for reading.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/maxietheboss/scan.jpg

A scan of what my handwriting looks like at the moment. 1st paragraph is written with a MB149 with an EF nib which is not so EF anymore, considering getting it ground to a real EF. 2nd paragraph is written with a M1000 F nib and the 3rd paragraph with a MB147 M nib. Same order for the last three paragraphs. I sometimes have some trouble creating a G that's distinctly different from an Y. I am also not very happy with the way I write my F at the moment.

Hi all

I have recently purchased a new duofold international and some diamine imperial purple ink. I now have beautiful tools but very poor hand writing, I am looking for ideas on how to improve my scrawl. please could you help?

Please see the link for my progression

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwar2003/

Kind regards

Jay

Hi all

I have recently purchased a new duofold international and some diamine imperial purple ink. I now have beautiful tools but very poor hand writing, I am looking for ideas on how to improve my scrawl. please could you help?

Please see the link for my progression

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwar2003/

Love the colour of that Diamine Imperial Purple.

Also you have really nice legible writing. It is very far from being awful. I love the left hand tilt you have too...it's a wide expansive hand :))

Mk1 Parker Duofold Centennial in Blue Marble + GT, Medium arrow nib + broad italic aces nib.Owned since new.Parker Victory Black + GT, wet medium.Conway Stewart #388 Stub.

Mabie Todd Blackbird,semi Flex Nib.Aurora optima green auroloid Stub.Visconti voyger emerald green Broad. Waterman 92 Fine flex

www.hmshood.com The Official website of the late great HMS Hood

Hello,

Here's a sample of my fast writing with a new pen I got today :-D

It's fast writen but relaxed (being fast and nervous makes me do not flex the nib at all... So boring!)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3945/doricadjustable7.jpg[/url]

That's your fast writing? That renders me…quite lost for words.

Hello,

Here's a sample of my fast writing with a new pen I got today :-D

It's fast writen but relaxed (being fast and nervous makes me do not flex the nib at all... So boring!)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3945/doricadjustable7.jpg[/url]

Franz, what pen is that you used please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Long time lurker here and this is my first post. I've been working on improving my handwriting for a few months now and I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought of it. It looks vaguely similar to when I started but I've mainly been focusing on using arm movements instead of relying on fingers and wrist movements and now I'm able to write a lot quicker with much less fatigue. In the sample below I'm using a new medium nib, so this sample is the second time I've used a medium nib instead of the extra fine nib I'm used to.

Oh and whoever can guess where this is copied from you win a cookie!

post-41157-0-28543900-1330834972.jpg

My own thoughts: besides the obvious mistakes, letters aren't as uniform as I would like them to be - some letters are bigger than others. Many of my n's look like u's. Some words are bunched up making them hard to read. Overall it still looks sloppy to me.

Thoughts?

My own thoughts: besides the obvious mistakes, letters aren't as uniform as I would like them to be - some letters are bigger than others. Many of my n's look like u's. Some words are bunched up making them hard to read. Overall it still looks sloppy to me.

Thoughts?

Welcome to FPN!

You have a very good start. Congratulation!

You seem to focus mainly on the straight up and down movements. You need to pay attention on curves. Focus on fully drawing all the round shapes and joining curves.

It might help you to practice with a calligraphic pen (with a square italic nib). Learning to draw a round hand, like the foundational hand, will help you to better understand each letter's true shape, and it will improve your cursive hand.

Start with the letters o, c, e

then p, q, d

then n, m, h, u

Edited by VillersCotterets

Welcome to FPN!

You have a very good start. Congratulation!

You seem to focus mainly on the straight up and down movements. You need to pay attention on curves. Focus on fully drawing all the round shapes and joining curves.

It might help you to practice with a calligraphic pen (with a square italic nib). Learning to draw a round hand, like the foundational hand, will help you to better understand each letter's true shape, and it will improve your cursive hand.

Start with the letters o, c, e

then p, q, d

then n, m, h, u

Thank you very much! I didn't think about my handwriting like that before but since you pointed it out I see it now. For some reason I've favored more "compacted" handwriting for note taking (more efficient use of paper) so I've gotten in that habit. I'll try your suggestions and see if there's improvement.

Again thanks!