What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

My handwriting is still anything but admirable now, .......

I don't think it's repugnant - and hey, I can read it!

It's just a bit untidy. That's common enough when we're learning.

Have a look at your hold on the pen, because I suspect a wonky grip (look up 'tripod grip' here on FPN) and check that you're sitting properly, and all those things. I'm sure improvement will come and you will sooner or later have very nice handwriting. Good luck.

ETA

'Beautiful' handwriting is something that many people would like to have, but I'd say that there were more important things such as legibility and handwriting that is easy to perform, and to do at a reasonable speed. 'Pretty' is optional, but these things are essential.

Edited by beak

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

http://s1-02.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/493214581.jpg

This is me using an EF(?) stiff nib…with the Nikko G, it's a lot more…jerky? Was playing around last night…as you do…heavily diluted Quink.

To recap on my penmanship;

This is from last year when I received my very first fountain pen:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6029/5983416995_7af24f310f_b.jpg

And This was written today:

fpn_1326342277__as_mysterious_as_a_cat_1-11-12_rs.jpg

Edited by Skyclad

Great thread! I'm sure many here can agree, but I find that my penmanship is constantly evolving. If I see a letter I like, I'll incorporate it. I also have different styles based on what I'm doing. My speed writing is a mix of cursive and print that looks like squiggles to most, but I can read it perfectly. Here are a few samples of my writing - I'm waiting for my fountain pen to come in, so these are from regular pen.

The first is a sketch note I did from a TEDTalk. The second is a stream of thought note from my pocket journal (carry it around and jot down idea's as they come to me, so they can be quick and messy), and last is a a more relaxed note with a few sketches. Nothing fancy, but I've always been told my writing is quirky and has character. I'll add others once my pen's come in and I have some samples down up. Enjoy!

post-80596-0-84706900-1326595889.jpg

post-80596-0-75546700-1326595898.jpg

post-80596-0-39413400-1326596365.jpg

This is a sample of my handwriting.

post-52561-0-08753200-1326709838.png

I used a cross towsend with xf nib.

Sorry for the bad quality (iphone (bleep) picture)

Edited by naikoo

Here are some examples of mine. The first one was part of a draft of an article which has now been published. The second one was my 'doodling' while taking a break from writing the above article.

(Omas Paragon extra fine nib with Diamine Grey)

Perhaps this is awkward, but that's some damn sexy handwriting.

I present to you my handwriting in for you to mock and make me feel bad :thumbup: First my everyday writing and then a little more effort... or rather a more controllable writing speed.

Edit: the scanner makes the ink seem really (bleep), but I promise that it doesn't look that bad under normal lighting!

post-79312-0-23272500-1326773569.jpg

post-79312-0-05249200-1326773861.jpg

Edited by AloofObserver

“I would rather obey a fine lion, much stronger than myself, than two hundred rats of my own species.”

-Voltaire

I love this thread. Everyone has such beautiful and interesting hand writing.

I will mack and post a sample this weekend!

Mike

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/titanic_charlie/002-1.jpg

Taken today. I use a Pelikan M215. :)

RGW I really like your handwriting!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/titanic_charlie/002-1.jpg

Taken today. I use a Pelikan M215. :)

RGW I really like your handwriting!!!

Thank you very much!

Doing ink tests in my new Exacompta by writing very slowly...

The BSIAR blobbed on me, so I had to wipe the excess ink away w/tissue paper because I don't have a blotter.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/Jiadepix/FPN/inktest.jpg

I do think it looks better at an angle, though. :P

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/Jiadepix/FPN/inktest2.jpg

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Wow, some nice handwriting in here! RGW, what kind of ink did you use in your Pelikan?

i'll be your stumbleine

i'll be your super queen

Love this thread, but haven't contributed yet, so here we go. I've just started picking up cursive again after about 20 years of writing nothing but block capitals, so still a long ways to go to match some of the great hands on here!

The first is a quick snapshot of a piano journal entry. My letter heights are starting to get a little more regular, but I'm still having some problems getting my letter spacing to be standard. I think that's coming from writing with my fingers too much.

post-76779-0-81809400-1326997727.jpg

The second is my first attempt at writing with a flexible nib, so I tried to have some fun. The only thing that really came out different were my fancy capital attempts! Flex pen writing is really addictive though. It brings a whole new dimension to normal letters.

post-76779-0-76553700-1326997838.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality cell pics.

Love this thread, but haven't contributed yet, so here we go. I've just started picking up cursive again after about 20 years of writing nothing but block capitals, so still a long ways to go to match some of the great hands on here!

The first is a quick snapshot of a piano journal entry. My letter heights are starting to get a little more regular, but I'm still having some problems getting my letter spacing to be standard. I think that's coming from writing with my fingers too much.

post-76779-0-81809400-1326997727.jpg

The second is my first attempt at writing with a flexible nib, so I tried to have some fun. The only thing that really came out different were my fancy capital attempts! Flex pen writing is really addictive though. It brings a whole new dimension to normal letters.

post-76779-0-76553700-1326997838.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality cell pics.

I like your's; it has a lot of character!

Edited by RGW

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4337662504_514a00b851_o.png

sehr schön!

ist das ein Kawweco? Wenn ja, welcher? Dieser Füller ist sehr schön!

Danke, Nicole

I had posted some of my printing in this forum a while back, but here is an example of my handwriting. The first was written slowly and deliberatly, while the second was penned at normal speed, with no special attention given to neatness. I personally think that the second page was the best, even though it is slightly less legible than the first page. I used Diamine Oxblood, in a Lami Safari with a medium nib.

post-70861-0-49204700-1327186154.jpg

Edited by TyGuy