Diamine Amazing Amethyst, Lavender, and Marine

dizzypen

My shipment arrived today and I am VERY pleased with my purchases. VERY. Here they are:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/4190753847_0eb7c88f54_b.jpg

Amazing Amethyst is indeed amazing! I love this color. This is actually exactly the purple ink I've been looking for. It is medium dark and is purple with a slight bit of grey to it. It is completely different than Damson which was a bit too grey and mauve for me though still a nice color. This Amazing Amethyst is going to be my Edison ink. (I should have my pen in 2 weeks :bunny01: :bunny01: ) I really wish they would make this a regular ink and sell it in the big bottles. :thumbup:

I really like the Lavender as. It is good and bright. It reminds me of Waterman Violet or Levenger Amethyst.

Marine is a gorgeous blue-green. It is almost exactly like Steel Blue except it is probably 50% less green and a couple shades lighter. So all of you who didn't like Steel Blue because it is too green might like Marine.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dizzypen

• dandelion

• pen2paper

• sallywally

Nice to see those colors together. Thanks much for posting them. That amethyst is lovely.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Thanks for the great review! I am really glad that you like Amazing Amethyst. Phil at Diamine Ink very graciously let me name that ink. In fact, I was so sad that it didn't make it into their regular production that he made it a bespoke ink for me. He is indeed a great man!

If you like it as much as I do, and if there is more support from some people here on FPN, perhaps Amazing Amethyst might make it as a regular ink :thumbup:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Thanks for the great review! I am really glad that you like Amazing Amethyst. Phil at Diamine Ink very graciously let me name that ink. In fact, I was so sad that it didn't make it into their regular production that he made it a bespoke ink for me. He is indeed a great man!

If you like it as much as I do, and if there is more support from some people here on FPN, perhaps Amazing Amethyst might make it as a regular ink :thumbup:

We won't run out. I emailed Diamine because I love Amazing Amethyst & Sherwood Forest, too, and this was his response:

"All bespoke ink colours including the amazing amethyst will be a continued ink line so you need not worry."

So I dont understan this exactly? We can ask them to make a special ink for us, and they'll do it? And all we need to buy is one bottle? And *if* it catches on, they may continue it? Hmmm....

So I dont understan this exactly? We can ask them to make a special ink for us, and they'll do it? And all we need to buy is one bottle? And *if* it catches on, they may continue it? Hmmm....

Basically...

Thanks for posting these colors together--I also like the Amazing Amethyst, but that Lavender is really nice too! Since I'm a huge fan of Diamine inks, I'll have to get a bottle of Amazing Amethyst and Lavender!

I like the amethyst too. This no doubt is silly, but this is kind of what I thought CdA Storm would look like. Though I love writing with Storm, I wanted it to be more like this...I may have to get a bottle! :puddle:

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

I like the amethyst too. This no doubt is silly, but this is kind of what I thought CdA Storm would look like. Though I love writing with Storm, I wanted it to be more like this...I may have to get a bottle! :puddle:

I completely understand. CdA Storm is another one of those mauve-gray sort of colors like Dia Damson and JH Poussiere de Lune. I really wanted something that was purple gray. Amazing Amethyst is it! Love it! :cloud9: :bunny01: :thumbup:

How does Damson compare to amazing amethyst? In the scans damson looks darker, almost black, although in the ink topics section some people wrote that damson is greyer but not darker???

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

How does Damson compare to amazing amethyst? In the scans damson looks darker, almost black, although in the ink topics section some people wrote that damson is greyer but not darker???

Damson has a lot more plum in it compared to the predominance of blue in AA.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Damson has a lot more plum in it compared to the predominance of blue in AA.

Exactly. I'd describe Damson as a Mauve-gray or a plum-gray while I'd describe AA as a purple-gray that leans toward the blue side of purple. Here is a comparison picture. The colors aren't exact, but I think you get the point. (These were written with a wet writing medium nib)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2801/4197168685_e9ea90a72a.jpg

ETA: Re-edited the picture to get the colors loser to life. HTH

Edited by dizzypen

Where did you get the ink? My first tentative searches of my usual pen/ink sellers doesn't show it.

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Where did you get the ink? My first tentative searches of my usual pen/ink sellers doesn't show it.

It's only available direct from Diamine. AA is a bespoke ink and the others are brand new colors that retails in the US haven't gotten yet.

Diamine UK

Thanks very much for the useful comparison - just when I thought I had all the ink I needed ....!

Can anyone compare the Amazing Amethyst and Lavender with Diamine Violet?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I don't have AA but I do have Sherwood Green which is awesome, very dark, similar to Zhivago but I would say darker and less greyish.

• 4 weeks later...

I received the Amazing Amethyst a couple of days ago - that I bought because of this comparison - and it is a marvellous, dark lilac-grey ink! I'd say dark lilac-lavender with a hint of grey. Lovely! Thanks again for posting this comparison and making me aware of the AA!

Edited to add that it is marvellous in a broad italic!

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****