Bilbo Baggin's Handwriting

aDr

The other day I was looking for an alphabet to use and then I came across this script from Lord of the Rings; it is Bilbo Baggin's handwriting. I wrote this with the quill and ink that are shown in the picture. I hope you enjoy and critiques would be great (just keep them nice please :)post-33416-1249949319_thumb.jpgpost-33416-1249949678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aDr

• BerneseMtDogEatsArco

• WendyNC

• ZeissIkon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is cool! Thanks for sharing! Your choice of ink color really chives with how I'd imagine Baggins' ink would look.

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

This is cool! Thanks for sharing! Your choice of ink color really chives with how I'd imagine Baggins' ink would look.

Thank you very much...its a definite pleasure and I am happy I have something to share. I thought of using black but the red just seemed to make more sense.

Bilbo's memoirs were called "The Red Book" but I always thought that referred to the leather binding -- I always pictured him using iron-gall ink. I like the red, though, and I can easily see the elves making a red ink that would last as well as iron-gall...

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

What an interesting project. I especially like the composition of the photograph of the completed work and the tools.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.