Whats is the most expensive pen you own ?

goodguy

My most valuable pen is probably the Jet Black Patrician, which I bought years ago for $25. I never use it, don't know why.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/plemay/jetpatrician.jpg

The pen I paid the most for (so far) is the Pelikan M450, which is still on it's way to me.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/plemay/m450.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Snowcap

• Deirdre

• fuchsiaprincess

• voukephalas

I paid $600 for my Hemingway, but if I had to replace it, I'd have to pay maybe five times that, so I'd have to say the Hemingway.

Actualy it should be closer to 5 times that.

You are still lucky to buy such a pen for this little money.

Respect to all

The late Earl Shigemoto of Honolulu Pen Shop sold me a Mont Blanc Medici on an easy payment plan when it first came out as I was too poor to afford to pay for it one fell swoop (even though he could have easily sold the pen to several other "Investor/collectors" for immediate cash). He did the same thing the following year when the Octavian came out. Several years later I bought the Montegrappa dragon from him. Somewhere up there Earl is still shaking his head in mock dismay that I continue to use all three regularly.

I am but an egg...my most expensive pen is my Lamy 2000.

As well as that one writes and functions, however, I can't see how spending two or three times would get me a two- or threefold improvement of the writing experience.

(That said, I'll buy myself a Pelikan M625 Sterling at the next occasion eligible for gratuitous self-reward.)

My favorite (tied for first) writer: a Danitrio Densho in black urushi. Took me a month to pay it off, and I've never regretted buying it. :)

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

My late '80s MB 149 that was a gift from my grandmother is the most valuable pen I own. The most expensive pen I've bought myself is a Waterman Man 100.

I suppose my Danitrio Densho Tamenuri that I received as a retirement gift. But it might be the Wahl OS Signature RHR that's in my avatar. It cost me less than $10.00 at an auction, plus some travel expense but it's worth far more than that.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Although price-wise, none of my FP's come close, the most expensive one that I own is a no-name lever filled pen circa 1950's that cost $12 at an antique shop. The good thing is the sac is still pliable and holds ink, no leaks. Not sure if it is original though.

Omas Emotica in Racing Yellow.... My favourite pen to write with, even though the nib is a touch broader than I usually prefer. I got a fabulous price on it, and have never regretted it. (I'll even admit it took a while to get up the guts to ink it and put it to use since I couldn't really afford it, now that seems utterly ridiculous.)

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Omas%20website%20pics/EmoticaYellow.jpg

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

- Douglas Adams

SnailBadge.jpg      PostcardBadge.jpg      InkExchange.jpg

The most I paid for a pen was for a nice (but nowhere near mint) Parker 51 Flighter pen and pencil (under $200). The most expensive pen I own is likely an abused Parker 75, 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet. No monetary biggies in my motley collection, alas.

Nihonto Chicken

My Graphyscaf.

post-27278-1239535475_thumb.gif

Nice pen!

How much does one of those go for?

The mediator between the head and hands must be the heart -Metropolis

Pelikan Lighthouse of Alexandria

The list price for this one was higher at the time, but I didn't pay as much for my Stipula Bernini:

I like the Lighthouse, though the other one may be a bit much for me...maybe.

Not to be crass, but since it's on-topic, how much do these cost?

Mine is the Charlie Chaplin made by Montblanc.

I made a post about it here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...charlie+chaplin

I just found the right case for it too, a crocodile case long out of production but which I saw new in a shop in Houston. I actually bought two, one a double case and one for a single pen. An update and quasi-review of the pen is coming soon, maybe this week.

Frits B' My Namiki LE 2002 "Owl":

Australians will recognize it: Ninox scutulata, the Brown Hawk Owl, a close relative to the Barking Owl and Boobook.

Beautiful pen Fritz! are the eyes of the owl iridescent? or is that appearance from the photo?

Would also enjoy seeing the 'other seasons'.. have never seen that pen before!

The eyes are iridescent, indeed, green - just what you would expect to see in the lights of a car for instance (the tapetum lucidum as with cats).

and as for cats: I also have the Nakaya Cats with Wool Balls, very lifelike (see http://www.nakaya.org/special/eirocat.html).

My Visconti Four Seasons.

Nice, like that one. Bry, what would this one run me?????

Don

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

What I actually paid and have in my hands is a Bexley Simplicity FPN LE with an 18K medium nib. What I have coming is a Bexley Submarine Grande LE Bronze Pearl with a Binder Stub

See the trend? :)

Connie

I blog... HouseWife with a Day Job

Mine are two Waterman Harley Davidson Horizon and Combustion FPs. I think retail was around $60, but I only paid $15 or $20 each through e-bay. As a motorcyclist, these really caught my eye. I don't think there is a pen in my minscule collection that has cost over $20 total.

Edited by BeachBum

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge