Waterman Expert with "L" nib

Rique

I´ve just found a Waterman Expert at ebay, with a nib engraved L instead of M or F. The vendor says it is a broad, and it does look like one. Does anyone know what this L might mean?

regards,

Rique

Edited by Rique

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rique

• Michael Wright

• FrankB

• RLTodd

Rique, I am not completely sure but I recall that sometime during the 1990's one or more European pen manufacturers had the bright idea to change the nomenclature for pen sizes. They began by substituting "L" (I presume meaning "large") for "B." It turned out that the standard pen size indicators are so conservative and aculturated that the experiment was dead in the water before it got started. I think I have seen exactly one nib on one occasion that had the "L."

Hence, I will suggest that the pen you have is a slice of history that will never come again. Keep hold of that nib, even if you get another nib mounted for writing enjoyment.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks a lot, FrankB! I was thinking, maybe this L is supposed to mean something in French (since the pen is made in France), but I couldn´t come up with a suitable word beginning with an L... :D

regards,

Rique

So could this mean the "XS" on the Rotring Core means eXtremely Small? I also note that it has l, s, and m at the top of the barrel in little hexagons.

YMMV

So could this mean the "XS" on the Rotring Core means eXtremely Small? I also note that it has l, s, and m at the top of the barrel in little hexagons.

Wait a minute, what color is your Core? I think the letters in the hexagons may be the color (i.e. Lysium)

I think XS is fine. :D

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Begun, the Spam Wars Have.

How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire

The Adventures of Chewie

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...